Disclaimer: What you’re about to see is ugly.
Really ugly. This footstool was a freebie from a yard sale and was in need of some love. McKenna had been dragging it around the house and using it to climb up on things since we moved in November.
I couldn’t take it any longer. It either had to go or get a makeover. So I took the thing apart and whipped out my trusty spray paint and went to it.
It says on the can not to use spray paint if the humidity is over a certain point. Being the impatient person that I can be I decided to proceed despite the monsoon outside.
It took 2 coats of spray paint and a little touch up on a couple spots I missed.
I really wish I had marked where the screws for the hinge went before I stapled it down. I ended up having to get Chad to drill new holes in the board as I couldn’t find the old holes once the new fabric was on. I also bought new screws as the old ones were about stripped out.
Total Cost = $5.98 ($5 for the spray paint and .98 for the new screws.)