I’m all for simple meals in the summer time. It’s hot enough in the South already without slaving over a hot stove! I’m still working Monday through Thursday so cooking on those nights is challenging anyway.
I’m also always on the lookout for a quick and delicious recipe using ground beef.
We love ground beef and I cook it at least two times a week. It seems like I alternate between hamburgers and tacos this time of year (and chili and spaghetti during the winter).
I gave this Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe from Pinterest a try tonight and they were so good! Mr. Right agreed and may have eaten three of them. I will definitely make them again!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 lb. ground beef…I use at least 1.25 lbs
- ¼ cup chopped onion (sometimes I substitute a little onion powder if I don’t have an onion)
- 1-2 Tbsp. prepared mustard (I used regular mustard)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 slices Texas toast bread (I didn’t have Texas Toast so I used Butterbread)
- 6 tbsp. butter softened (I just used my regular sqeezeable butter)
- 3 – 4 cups shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion in skillet until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add mustard, ketchup and brown sugar and Worcestershire . Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- To assemble sandwiches, place one slice of bread, butter side down onto griddle or skillet. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, a scoop of the beef mixture, and top with some more shredded cheese. Place a piece of bread on top, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until browned, carefully flip over and cook other side until browned.
Now get cooking! What are your favorite simple recipes? I would love to hear them! Share them in the comments below.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!