Confession Time: If going to Disney World by your self is wrong, I don’t want to be right!
A couple of years ago I went to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party by myself when I found myself in Orlando without my family in tow. And it was awesome!
The same set of circumstances presented themselves last month and I couldn’t resist going for a little visit!
I arrived at the park around 4pm and had no problems entering even though the Halloween Party ticket doesn’t start until 7pm. I entered through the main entrance but they ushered us (me and 40 of my closest strangers through an opening between Tony’s Town Square Restaurant and the Confectionary which is normally closed off. This area was also decorated for Halloween with statues of different characters lining the walkway.
I caught the end of the Hocus Pocus show in front of the castle and rode a few rides in Tomorrowland. Then I made my way over to Adventureland and grabbed a Dole Whip before hitting the Enchanted Tiki Room.
I was debating about riding Splash Mountain because I really didn’t want to get wet but decided to give it a try. It was not meant to be though as it was shut down because of lightning right before I made it to the front of the line. I hung out under the bridge by Splash Mountain and waited for the storm to pass over.
Once the storm passed, I did a little shopping. I had to find some serious souvenirs to bring home to my girls to make up for going without them.
The trick or treating starts at 7pm and the lines were forming for the candy stops. I hit a few candy stops…and it was pretty good Halloween Candy…(skittles, fun size chocolate bars, M&Ms). The cast members were pretty generous with it but I only did a couple of the stops. I can only handle so much candy and it was the same stuff at each stop. I think it would have been cool if they did different candy at different spots.
For dinner, I had the most delicious pot roast macaroni and cheese from Friar Nooks. Y’all. It is seriously, so good. I would make this at home if I thought there was any way my crowd would eat it. But it is so good!
After dinner, I watched the parade from Main Street in Town Square. (I took all the pictures in this post with my cellphone so I apologize for the quality.) I highly recommend the parade! You get to see so many villains and all the dancers fully decked out in their costumes.
At the party you can meet characters in different spots dressed in their Halloween costumes. A lot of the character lines were really long the night I was there. The line to meet all 7 dwarfs was easily over an hour.
I scheduled my shuttle for 11:30pm even though the park was open until midnight. The park was really emptying out by that point and I was able to ride The Mine Train without a Fastpass in less than 20 minutes! That’s about as quick as it gets. And I got to go through the queue, which is pretty cool too.
A few tips…
- Be strategic with your time. You’ll have to pick and choose and decide what is worth waiting for and what’s not.
- After 7pm all guests have to show their MNSSHP ticket (an armband) in order to ride the rides.
- The park really empties out after the 2nd parade. If there’s something you want to ride that has a long wait time, just save it until after the second parade.
- They gave me a little plastic bag to hold the candy as I entered the park. I would bring a bigger one if you plan to trick or treat a lot.
- Adult tickets are $72 which is kind of pricey for a few hours in the park. But if you’ve never been, it’s definitely worth it.
- They have special treats and merchandise for the party that is only available in certain locations throughout the park. The MNSSHP times guide will tell you where you can find both throughout the park. It will also tell you where the characters and villains are located throughout the park.
- Plan to come early and stay late to squeeze the most out of your ticket.
Well, y’all, my second solo trip to the happiest place on earth was just as much fun as the first! I wish my family could have been there with me but I did enjoy being on my own and doing exactly what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it!