You guys! I’m so excited to participate in the One Room Challenge this year! I’ve followed it from afar for the last year and have made up my mind to jump on board and makeover a room in six weeks. That sounds like a long time but I have no doubt that it will fly by and I will be scrambling to finish up at the end.
I will post an update each week on Thursday with a link to the One Room Challenge. There you can see everyone‘s post and how they are progressing. There are also twenty featured designers who will post updates to their spaces on Wednesdays.
I decided to makeover my husband’s room for this project. Technically, its the guest bedroom and office but he sleeps in there most nights. We co-sleep (aka two small children sleep with me) while Mr. Right stretches out in a queen sized bed all to himself. Our oldest daughter also sleeps by herself in her own room these days.
Here are the before pictures. I’m sort of wishing I had cleaned up the room before taking the pictures now…but obviously, I have no shame after a couple of those Mission Organization: Closet Rescue posts.
Here’s one from the other direction.
Here’s a list of projects I want to do in this space…
- Ummm….clean it up. Need I say more?
- Rearrange the furniture to move the bed where the desk is currently. The air conditioning vent in this room is in the ceiling by the window. Sleeping under it seems to give everyone a stuffy nose. That’s why the bed is pushed to the middle of the room now. We were trying to get it as far from the vent as possible.
- Possibly add reading lights on either side of the bed.
- A different desk (possibly a DIY milk painting project). My brother in law gave us this one when he moved and it has worked great but I want one that is more traditional.
- Peel and stick wallpaper. I’m dying to try it! Have you used it? Let me know if you liked it in the comments. I think I would love a bold pattern on an accent wall in here.
- Add some sort of office storage – maybe a book case or shelving?
- Art and pictures for the walls.
- Add a curtain rod and drapes. I’ve had a curtain rod for this space forever. I just need to find the drapes!
It sounds like I’ve got my work cut out for me! Check back in with me every Thursday! I’ll also still post two regular posts each week in addition to the One Room Challenge posts.
Happy Thursday, y’all! Check out all the other week one posts from guest participants here and the week one posts from the twenty designers here.