This post is sponsored by HomeRight but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure page for more information. This post also contains affiliate links for your convenience.
I was so excited when the kind folks at HomeRight reached out to me to ask if I would be interested in trying out their new Steam Mop. I’d never used or owned a steam mop so I jumped at the opportunity!
I thought I would put it to the test on a mystery spot on my kitchen floor. I truly have no idea what was spilled here but I suspect it was chocolate milk. It was completely dried on and sticky. We may never know what it was.
Here are a few things that I like about this steam mop:
- Chemical free – you can clean using only water and no chemical based cleaners. The steam gets hot enough to kill 99% of germs and bacteria according to the packaging materials.
- Variety of uses – you can use this to clean vinyl floors (like mine), tile, or linoleum. But it can also be used to clean granite, brass, ovens, stovetops, metal grills. But the best part is that you can also use it to steam fabric! How awesome is that?
- Easy to use- You literally just add water to it. The amount of water to add is based on the number of minutes you expect to use it. So simple! And it comes with the water measuring cup and funnel to add it to the machine.
- No Special Cleaners – There are no special cleaners to buy to use with it. You just use water.
- Long cord – It includes a 16 foot cord so you don’t have to keep unplugging and moving to a new outlet to do an entire room.
- Smart design – I love that you can store the smaller accessories inside of the unit. That greatly improves my odds of being able to keep up with them and find them when I need them!
I’m sure I’ll get a lot of use out of it at the rate my kids spill stuff over the kitchen floor. The model I reviewed was the HomeRight Steam Machine 053. While it is a bit of a splurge, I think it will eventually pay for itself by not having to buy $4 bottles of cleaners and it completely replaces the need for a steamer for your clothes.
What do you think? Have you ever used a Steam Mop? Did you like it? You can check out more products by HomeRight here.