Well, one thing does. And that’s the time it takes to brew it.
My coffee maker takes around 6-7 minutes to brew half of a pot of coffee.
Here are a few kitchen chores that I’ve started trying to do while the coffee maker is working its magic. I’ve found that if you do a little each day its a lot more manageable.
Some of them take longer than others. Some mornings I can do a couple of them and other mornings I only get through one. And let me also put out this little disclaimer that I am FAR from the poster child for a spotless house. We live here.
- Throw out the old leftovers and anything out of date from the fridge. If you do this twice during the week, it won’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- Unload and/or reload the dishwasher. You overachievers probably don’t have any dishes in the sink, but we always do on the Bay Bush.
- Wipe down counter tops and throw away junk mail. I think Mr. Right is trying to set the world record for “most farm magazine subscriptions” so this usually takes me the entire time.
- Bag up the trash and casually sit it by the back door so as to remind Mr. Right to take it out.
- Sweep kitchen. I know. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Shake out rugs. I probably don’t do this one as often as I should.
- Make a grocery list. Take a second and peek at the pantry and see if there is anything that you need to stock up on. This is the least labor intense chore at my house since I organized my pantry last fall so I save it for mornings where I’m really tired.
Now go sit down, relax and enjoy that first cup of coffee knowing you’ve already done something today!